Sunday, April 7, 2013

Do Unto Others....

Lately I've been taking the time out to analyze myself. I put a lot of energy into anything that matters to me. I guess you could say I'm a very emotion-filled person. If you're someone I consider dear to me then I'd go out of my way for you if I could, provide my support for you, etc. This sometimes, however, sets me up to get my feelings hurt...because being who I am I do these things because I care and assuming that this feeling is reciprocated I develop expectations off the strength that I would for you so you will for me. But unfortunately we live in a dog eat dog world and the reality is that people do for self. Naturally, they do what benefits them. And as a person you should make sure that you take care of yourself first. But as a person you should also have the ability and the want to do unto others as you would have them do unto you. The greatest commandment set forth by God himself and yet most people are too wrapped up in the specifics of their life to execute it. Think about it, how many friends, family co-workers, girlfriends., boyfriends, etc....have you done something for just off the strength of who they are to you or because you think to yourself "if the shoe where on the other foot, I know they'd have my back" and when the time came for them to deliver on your thought or expectation of them....and they did the complete opposite?  Bet that threw your for a loop huh? Yeah, I get that a lot. And as time goes on I typically just try not to expect anything from anybody. But sometimes when this happens you just want to punch them in the face and be like "I thought we were better than this". It really disappoints me the lack of faith you have to have in people and why? But I guess life circumstances make everyone who they are and as much I wish I could just turn off how much I care for and about people I can't. And I don't want to. I thought like that before and all it did was bring me more shut doors than open ones and I'd rather have some options when I need a hand then none. Just rambling now, there really is no point I'm making just an observation. And if you're thinking why not just change if it bothers you so much? Because I like helping people, I like being there for people, my presence whether big or small, if it helps I'm happy to contribute. It's just the way I am.....

No comments:

Post a Comment