Sooooo I promise I'm not making this up. I have lately been trying to be more positive (that'll be another post entirely) and getting more into my faith. So I downloaded the YouVersion Bible App onto my iPad. On this app you can just read the daily verse, or select the Book and Chapter you want to read OR you have the option to start a plan. These plans are based on a topic of interest (i.e. say your having issues with image or want to look up scriptures related to marriage) and it will start you on a plan, that you visit everyday and it will be a couple of verses related to whatever topic it is you're doing your plan on. So on Sunday, I go into the app and read the daily verse.mthe daily verse was the image below. I then go into my plan that I started, which just so happens to be love, and read Sundays verse for the day. Now, let me say, that I have been having issues in my love life for the last two years. I lately have beginning to feel like maybe the whole love scene isn't for me. Like I'm one of those people that are meant to do other things, finding love not being one of them. Or maybe, I just have this unrealistic view that in this day and age real love, actually exists. The kind of love that has no limits and no boundaries. The kind of love that can withstand all trials and come out stronger in the end. Where you laugh, and joke, feel appreciated, feel beautiful, no secrets, no lies, and you where you can feel secure. I was certainly on the brink of giving up on love because I love wholeheartedly and most people aren't capable of loving like that and I was tired of it not being reciprocated. But then Monday night, after I read the daily verse, and go into my plan, the same scripture that was posted as the daily verse for Sunday, was my plan scripture for Monday. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but my first response was wow......
I feel like, in that moment, God reached out to me and said "Don't quit...", in that moment he was reminding me yet again that a life without love is no life at all. No matter the achievements, or successes I may experience, no matter if I gain all the money in the world, none of it means a thing if I don't have love. Now, I'm not going to say that my current love life is going to magically get better, I actually anticipate it not lasting, which sucks, but I'm in better spirits about possibly finding what I desire even after (if) it ends....
"And now these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13:1-13

No comments:
Post a Comment